05 June 2016

free photographic desktop wallpaper

free desktop wallpaper download android
| 1920 x 1200 | 1600 x 1200 | 1280 x 1024 | 1024 x 768 | Android |


Hello fiends! A little while ago I had fun putting together the first in a series of desktop wallpapers I hope to share with you every so often on this blog. Just because.

This first one is a gorgeous macro close-up of one of my inherited Black Hollyhocks, Alcea rosea 'Nigra' taken a couple of summers ago. This year's blooms have yet to come but the low stems are already growing in and it looks like we will have a bounteous crop!

Attracting devas and giving shelter to the fae folk, the Hollyhock aids too in the flourishing of those living nearby. In particular the dried seed pods can be used to increase success in the material world, the flow of money and the acquisition of new possessions. Medicinally, the flowers can be steeped in water and used to ease irritations and inflammations to mouth, throat and bladder.

Being deer resistant they work well in our garden, though sadly last year's plants were ravaged by grasshoppers. I have my finger's crossed that it won't be the same case this summer as I really would like to enjoy them in their full glory. If anyone has any bright ideas as to how I can insect guard them naturally, please let me know in the comments - thank you!

free desktop wallpaper download android

In the meantime, if you liked this I would love it if you share this post with your friends and others who may like it too. Enjoy!


:: BEKA ::


// further reading //
Black Hollyhock, at Alchemy Works
A Compendium of Herbal Magick, by Paul Beyerl
A Druid's Herbal for the Sacred Year, by Ellen Evert Hopman

// credit //
Kindly note that these images are for personal, non-commercial use only. I would appreciate your including credit to me and a link back to this post when sharing. Thank you for your cooperation and good karma to all.

COMMENTS

add your thoughts