09 April 2014

scrappy zipped artist's pouch

handmade artist pencil pouchhandmade artist pencil pouch
Zippered pencil and art supply pouch made from nubby rustic linen, hand-dyed and impressionist-style print fabric gifted to me by my mom, and selection of monochromatic snippets from my stash. Embellished for a touch of playful nonsense with hot pink trims to match and metal charms.

Just the job for carrying a supply of sketching and doodling kit about the house as my creativity-making places and spaces move with the rhythms of the day.

handmade artist pencil pouchhandmade artist pencil pouch
Working with a very basic shape I kind of knew what I was doing, though I found Helen's tutorial very useful reference when it came to putting the zip in and dealing with the lining. Also this tutorial from Lindsay at Craftbuds was useful for figuring the nice little detail of the zipper tabs, though mine are no where as neat and perfect for a first effort. Better luck next time!

handmade artist pencil pouch
Have you stitched anything lately?