26 August 2013

visual quest | trance dance paint

visual quest with pixie campbellvisual quest with pixie campbellvisual quest with pixie campbell
Freeform movement with paint. Letting it all out. Just going with the flow. Riding the wave...

I don't know what else to say, only that it is what it is. Time (and more painterly layers) will only see how this evolves.

I am somewhat 'behind' with class. But at the same time, I don't want to rush beyond what I feel called (and to be honest, able) to do. So my pace is slow going but I'm okay with that.

Each time I step up to the canvas I feel trepidation. Once I am into it though, I am 'into it'. Completely. Knowing nothing else. I paint blind. Going with it... Then when it is done, I am satisfied. Quickly comes the next wave of trepidation. I feel like a surf rider: riding each wave as it comes, moving through each bubble of unease.

What's the worst that could happen? It is only paint after all...