16 May 2011

monday's are zesty

inspiration tray(Can you spot the frog and donkey?)

I LOVE lime! It's so bright and fun that it always makes me smile and sweeps all grey clouds away. I was having trouble with my latest painting and so went scouting for some inspiration by going back to basics and picking one colour for a change of pace. Perusing Pinterest (my new favourite photo inspiration source) I was drawn to finding limey things and from there things kind of snowballed...

Following an idea I picked up from Traci Bautista, who does similar when starting a new project, I spent just 15 minutes pulling a variety of lime-coloured items from around my workroom space...

- scrap fabric and paper
- pens and pencils
- buttons and beads
- bottles, tubes and swatches of paint
- sequins and embroidery floss

Seeing all this limey goodness got those creative juices flowing again and I was soon off once more playing with paint...

Many artists have similar processes before beginning a new work, and certainly I used to like creating a project box for my dolls' clothes in which I would keep everything I would need for the project until it was complete. Have you ever done this? What ways do you like to pool inspiration and materials for creative projects?

For more of my picks of zesty limey goodness, feel free to check out my Pinterest Colour Board and this fun Etsy Treasury of handmade things...

Have a zesty Monday, folks *grin!* Anyone for margaritas?