10 January 2011

craft it forward

One of my many 'things to do in 2011' is to seek out more ways to share my crafting in my community - be that on or offline. They say that when you ask the universe for help, it is given. You just have to be open to listening for the reply. And so it is with this wish.

Originally an idea spawned on Facebook, I found it via Christine's blog whilst running through my dashboard reading list last week. Christine is one of the many cute and industrious crafty folks I made contact with via the Indie Biz e-course I took last spring, so it is nice to be able to support her also with her New Year's goal. (Don't you just love it when that happens?)

Anyway with my name down on her list, I am commited to spreading the love of handmade around the globe a little more in 2011. This is where you come in, if you are willing, as I need 'volunteers' *grin*

The rules? Very simple:

"I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They in turn must post this statement and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their blog post."

"The only other rules are that (i) it must be handmade by you and, (ii) it must be sent to your 5 people sometime within 2011."


My only other 'advice' for this is that folks should try to resist posting on each others lists (I will resist posting on your lists however much I want to, for example), as that just becomes a swap and not the ever-widening net that this idea is supposed to encapsulate. As for how much said item should cost (in time and materials), I need to check on the official guidelines (if there are any) and will update you here. I think it's reasonable to say though, "not too much, not too little". If any of you have previous experience in doing something similar, feel free to voice your thoughts/ideas.

So who's up for a little handmade fun? *grin*